Full CV available on request.
Jun 2017 - Present
- After 6 years at Mint Digital I felt in need of change, and having rapidly progressed through a variety of roles, a bit of a break. I decided to take a few months out to travel, and clear my head;
- Worked on solution to attach digital assets to hand-written media, using Elixir, building out a web-framework from scratch;
Development Lead – Mint Digital
Jan 2015 - Jun 2017
- Technical leadership role: alongside production work, an increased focus on project management, defining architectures, mentoring;
- Worked directly with senior management to plan for upcoming work requirements, allocating work to developers across multiple timezones and projects;
- Lead full rebuild of Workman Publishing's web properties: multiple user-facing sites with e-commerce integrations, admin-facing CMSs, Ruby on Rails middleware processing incoming data and pushing to front ends;
- Drove/implemented much of B2B application for trading of rights to air TV shows. Early development work included implementing overarching architecture, 3rd-party integrations and internal API endpoints, while later this shifted to refactoring of code-paths which proved to be bottlenecks, migration of application to AWS, and writing microservices in Elixir;
- Worked with Ipsos MORI on system for zero-downtime, scheduled deployments for their application.
Developer – Mint Digital
Jan 2013 - Dec 2014
- Worked with Channel 4 on real-time quiz application, to be played in sync with weekly airings of TV show, via twitter;
- Worked within Join In on new system to link sports clubs with members of the public in a nationwide get fit initiative;
- Primarily used Ruby on Rails for backend tasks, occasional foray into PHP, Python (Django), Vuejs and Angular;
Tester – Mint Digital
Mar 2011 - Jan 2013
- Worked to assess use of automation in our processes using Selenium WebDriver;
- Performed regular regression tests against staging/production sites;
- Ultimately was asked to just fix bugs I was raising myself, rather than assign on to dev team.
- Project Management
- Team Management
- Technical writing